Bucks County History Blogs:
- BuckCountyHistory.org - A wonderful blog by Rayna Polsky, librarian for the Bucks County Intelligencer and board member at the Solebury Historical Society.
- Upper Bucks History – Bill Kibbel’s history blog. He also maintains a blog at Old House Web.
Local Archives and Institutions
- Spruance Library – The impressive library and manuscript collection of the Bucks County Historical Society, located in the Mercer Museum. Admission is included in museum admission fee. Free for members.
- Solebury Township Historical Society – Includes extensive property records and other resources. Located in the old one room school house in Solebury Village. Their library is currently open for research on Wednesdays from 3pm to 5pm or by appointment. They also maintain a small museum exhibit in the township building.
- Old York Road Historical Society – An extensive archive focusing on the Old York Road. Their collection primarily covers Eastern Montgomery County, with additional material from Philadelphia and Bucks County. Located in the Jenkintown Library. Currently open to the public three days a week (check website for hours).
African American History in Pennsylvania
Technology of the Past
- The Miller’s Bookshelf: Resources on Historic Milling Technology
Other Great Sources for Historical Content: